Voith and Franka Emika form a strategic partnership
Exhibitor: VOITH ROBOTICS
Booth No.: TBA
Voith and Franka Emika form a strategic partnership
• Voith Robotics is established as a joint venture, with Voith holding a stake in Franka Emika
• Voith Robotics to be a system supplier for robot-assisted automation solutions in the digital age
• Lightweight robots will play a key role as intelligent assistants in many areas of work and everyday life, including production, logistics, healthcare and consumer goods
• First appearance of Voith Robotics planned for Hannover Messe
Heidenheim / Munich. The technology company Voith and the Munich-based robotics company Franka Emika have entered into a strategic partnership.
Part of the strategic partnership is the establishment of a new joint venture called Voith Robotics – A Voith and Franka Emika Company. The company, with headquarters in Munich, is to become a global system supplier for robot-assisted automation in the digital age. Voith Robotics will offer self-teaching lightweight robots made by Franka Emika, along with software solutions, apps, services and process consulting, to customers in various industries and markets throughout the world.
As part of the strategic partnership Voith will also have a direct stake in Franka Emika, thus emphasizing the long-term and strategic commitment by the two companies to cooperation. Martin Scherrer, formerly a member of the Board of Management of Voith Paper, will be the new chief executive officer of Voith Robotics, which is to be managed by Voith.
The still very young market for collaborative robots, also called cobots, currently has a volume of some 300 million euros and is predicted by industry researchers to grow exponentially in the coming years. The global market volume is expected to come to about 15 billion euros by 2025. Franka Emika is a leading designer and developer of powerful, self-teaching and easy-to-use lightweight robots. They will make it possible for the first time to automate repetitive and often monotonous tasks like finely controlled fitting, screwing and joining, as well as testing, inspection and assembly.
In 2017, the team from Franka Emika received the German Award for Innovation in Science and Technology from President Frank-Walter Steinmeier for developing Franka Emika Robot, the first highly sensitive, self-teaching lightweight robot. In addition to being applied in industry, these robots may someday assist people in their everyday lives or help with tasks like elder care. Franka Emika Robot, in combination with robot apps and customized services, will be the future core products of Voith Robotics. The company will also offer platform- and manufacturer-independent robotics and automation solutions.
The new joint venture will be presented to the public for the first time at Hannover Messe.
“By bringing together a young company with its unique product portfolio and an experienced, family-owned and world-wide engaged company with a global network, we are creating a role model for Industry 4.0,” says Dr. Simon Haddadin, CEO of Franka Emika. “We will be able to offer customers throughout the world a combination of exceptional services and support, based on unique technologies.”
“Through its strategic partnership with Franka Emika, Voith has taken the logical next step in its digital agenda. We have defined robotics as a key competence and intend to add it to our existing portfolio,” says Stephan Schaller, President and CEO of Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA. “Franka Emika and Voith complement each other in an ideal manner by combining robotics, artificial intelligence and digital apps for users in various target markets with our know-how in automation and processes.”
Voith is a global technology group. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, today Voith has more than 19,000 employees, sales of €4.2 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide, and is one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
About Franka Emika
Franka Emika’s vision is to develop lightweight robots that can be sold on the mass market and assist people as intelligent tools. The company is the world’s first provider of out-of-the-box, CE-certified robot solutions with a fully modular ultra-lightweight construction, highly integrated mechatronic design and the ability to perform skillful, sensitive manipulation. Franka Emika Robot is currently the fastest-selling robot system in the world. Franka World will go online this year, and the first international location was opened at the start of this year in Silicon Valley. Franka Emika is thus one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- SwitchLab INC. SWITCHLAB INC. / 2018-08-01
- MULTI FUNCTION VOLTAGE RELAY ANLY ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. / 2018-07-31
- G4 = AI X 3D sensors X Robotic system G4 TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. / 2018-07-30
- TOYOROBOT Upgrade to Servo System for Automation total solution. TOYO AUTOMATION CO.,LTD / 2018-07-30
- DESTACO, Robohand, CAMCO Index, Clutches, and E-Chucks are smart tools for new industrial automation EDRAGON TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION / 2018-07-29
- Zimmer Group Asia Will Make A First Exposure For 2018 New Product Series in Taiwan ZIMMER GROUP ASIA LTD. / 2018-07-28
- AI Inspection System Software, TCP 5D/6D calibration ,CANUNDA Laser Beam Shaping JIMCOM CO., LTD. / 2018-07-24
- Professional DC/DC Converter & AC/DC Power Supply Manufacturer P-DUKE TECHNOLGOY CO.,LTD. / 2018-07-23
- Smart Management-ServiceJDC invite you to meet in 2018 Taipei Int'l Industrial Automation Exhibition MERCURIES DATA SYSTEM LTD. / 2018-07-19
- YYC takes No. 1 Market Share of High Precision Rack of Machine Centers in Asia. YUAN YI CHANG(YYC) MACHINERY CO., LTD. / 2018-07-19
- NEW PRODUCTS ADDENDUM 2018 OPTO ENGINEERING / 2018-07-13
- RichEnergy representative JAPAN FINE CERAMICS CO.,LTD. and Germany BUSCH Microsystem Consult GmbH RICHENERGY TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD / 2018-07-13
- EFON CO., LTD. EFON CO., LTD. / 2018-07-12
- Edwards launches new range of dry screw vacuum pumps for the industrial and chemical markets EDWARDS TECHNOLOGIES LTD. / 2018-07-11
- MiM-SIC iVision for a Bowl Feeder New Product(K1219) MIM TECH. INC. / 2018-07-11
- Dinkle 35 yeas anniversary introduction DINKLE INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. / 2018-07-06
- 8-251 Super Point YOKE INDUSTRIAL CORP. / 2018-07-06
- About NIKON's encoder features NIKON CORPORATION / 2018-06-28
- ChiYuan KD Modular Electronic Cabinets CHI YUAN PRECISION CO., LTD. / 2018-06-27
- Phoenix Contact Taiwan PHOENIX CONTACT CO., LTD. / 2018-06-27